Tuesday, August 28, 2007

 

Been a while

Been a busy summer. Here's stuff I was going to post over the last few months, but never got around to it.
- I read the Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson. More than 3,000 pages of fantastic stuff. Loved every minute of it, and even though I finished it in May, I wish I was still reading it. Here's a picture of the manuscript nabbed from Stephenson's website:



- Went to France. I was fortunate enough to be invited to Jeri Ryan's wedding in France. What an amazing experience! Jeri and her husband Christophe are wonderful people, as are their families and friends we had a chance to meet on the trip. Here's a pic of me enjoying some wine after the ceremony:



On a side note, this trip resulted in Tonya and I becoming wine enthusiasts.

In July, my friend Tim got married, and I conducted the ceremony. Was a very nice event, shared with friends. Had a fun party afterwards, and Tim and Lisa invited us over to their pad a week later for drinks overlooking Homewood Fest. Was a nice time.

In August, it was time to travel again, this time to Michigan, specifically Traverse City. The highlights of the trip were the beaches at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (far better than the Traverse City beaches) and a dune-truck ride on the dunes near Silver Lake, just south of Ludington.
Here's a picture of a lighthouse we stopped at (featuring Tonya and Ethan):


And finally, had my fantasy football draft. Am excited about my team, but will save that for another post.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?