Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Football news: God loves the Texans

This just in: God loves the Texans, according to quarterback David Carr, who led the team to a 2-14 season last year and has been sacked more than any other quarterback over the last four years.
Actual quote from Carr snipped from USA Today: "I know God didn't put me in this situation to just get beat up for four years," Carr says. "I know God had a plan for me to come here and help this franchise succeed."
Being a Bears fan, I would prefer that God wanted the Bears to succeed, but who tells the Big Guy Upstairs who to root for?
And I can't help thinking that Carr may be mistaken. I mean, the Texans suck, have always sucked, and will probably continue to suck. If a team that God wants to succeed can suck so much, that doesn't say much for the hopes for our country's war on infidels, I mean terrorists.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?